Breathwork Group Healing
September 15th 6:30-7:45pm PST
Teacher: Ryan Allen
The power of virtual breathwork groups is, fortunately, just as potent as it is in person. Breathwork is an active meditation technique. It uses our breath to bring us into a deeper state of consciousness, overriding our brain to allow the wisdom of our body to be accessed. We will begin the group with a grounding and group discussion on the intention which is Surrender. Followed by a lesson on the breathing pattern and notes on potential experiences. We then move into the breathing itself followed by any shares or questions you feel inclined to express based on your experience.
Here’s what you’ll want to do to prepare:
- We’ll start the session seated but during the breathing you’ll be laying down on the floor, sofa or bed.
- Find a set up for your video (computer, ipad or phone) so that you can be seen from the top of your head to your hips when you are lying down.
- Be sure the room you’re in has a strong wifi connection and your device is charged or plugged in. Zoom uses a lot of battery power.
- If you have tools you’d like to use to enhance the experience, have them available. An eye pillow or towel over your eyes and blanket for your body is helpful. Using crystals or stones to hold in your hands works well for grounding but it’s not necessary.
- It may be helpful to set intentions prior to the start time to bring you into focus when we start.
- Show up with an open heart and let your breathing do the rest.
The intention of this group is to open ourselves up to Surrender. Surrender to life, the universe, the divine, love, God, Spirit, whatever you want to call the life force that moves through us and IS us. You will work with the guidance you are always connected to and open yourself to trust that guidance. Surrendering is a powerfully active practice that allows life to unfold for us if we let it. It’s possible that you could leave this group with a new relationship with your own life.
Please also bring a journal and a pen.
Ryan Allen is a Los Angeles based breathwork teacher, life coach, fitness coach, writer, and meditation guide. Through his vulnerable, unique lens, he uses each of these practices to spread his message of self-love, self-expression, liberation, and healing to his clients and all who follow his popular Instagram account.
Some of the main tenets of his teachings include the power of healing core wounds, being self expressed, and the intelligence of the body.
“Healing is a natural, inherent part of being a human,” Ryan says. “It’s how we free ourselves from feeling stuck or weighed down, and it’s our gateway to the life we want. A more intuitive self is on the other side.”
His decade-long experience in coaching, exercise and movement naturally developed into meditation and breathwork. All of which Ryan honed through his San Francisco-based fitness studio Lifted that he opened in 2016. In 2019, he relocated to Los Angeles where he now leads weekly breathwork groups, coaches his clients, and lives with his dog, Rosie. Ryan travels the country leading breathwork groups and Lifted classes.
Ryan’s unique approach to the mind, body, and spirit has been covered by GOOP, Well + Good, and 7×7 magazine. Follow him on Instagram @ryan.m.allen or at his website RyanAllen.co
- Once you complete the purchase, the download link will be in the confirmation screen.