Home Forums Arboretum Mysticum Forum 72 names

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • Author
      Naha
      Keymaster

Student share for 72 Names working of the AM Lodge

Naha
      Keymaster

Has anyone watched Patterns of Evidence the Exodus documentary? I highly recommend : https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B010X3MV78/ref=atv_dp_share_cu_r
      Naha

H.H.
        Participant

I started watching this last night.

Very much enjoyed this. I learned all the academic perspectives while in college, so it was fun having my view challenged and observing how that felt in my body. Yes, all super good. TY!

Naha
      Keymaster

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Naha.
        Jenn Salvadori
        Participant

I found myself coveting the silver tablet that was mentioned in the chat yesterday during the lodge. Especially when I saw it in gold. Hubba Hubba. That was a bit out of my price range (more than a bit, really – It was over $2K.) so I satiated that with this instead. Thought I’d share for anyone else who might like a more affordable option. (Hopefully this link works, trying to help with testing the forums capabilities and potential snags / glitches.)

72 names wallet card – Etsy

Tetractys RainsTetractys Rains

I am exploring sharing images you all. Let’s see how this goes. ๐Ÿ™‚

This was inspired by AM Lodge on Oct. 23rd + the multi-day rainstorm that began that evening. A rainstorm like it is rare in CA where I live. The two experiences felt special to me.

I don’t see the image I tried to share, does anyone else? If not, any suggestions for my second try?

Naha
          Keymaster

I think you can post an image that is online, but not upload one. If you copy the image link then click IMG in the top of the reply box that should work

Gina Picerno
      Participant

Enjoying the Exodus documentary

Jenn Salvadori
        Participant

I very much want to start this as soon as I can. (much excitement)

Jenn Salvadori
      Participant

<This was a duplicate post that somehow posted 3 days later. I deleted because it was the same info twice>

Jenn Salvadori
      Participant

Mem? Or Final Mem?

During my transcription last night I came across this and thought I’d ask about it, since it’s left me scratching my head. This looks like a mem to me. Right? It also looks like it’s at the end of a word. So why isn’t it in its final form? There is a heavy amount of final mem use in these Hebrew verses, so why not this one?

So curious! Have you double checked to see if it is the same in other texts? I think it could be a misprint. I just checked my JPS Tanakh, and I don’t see this oddity, all my mem’s are final.

Jenn Salvadori
          Participant

THANK YOU! I didn’t have a copy of the JPS Tanakh when I came across it, but I ordered it almost immediately after so I could check for myself. I think you’re right. Misprint.

It took me three tries to get it right. I really enjoyed color coding the letters to correspond to the appropriate sefirot. And using graph paper made it much easier for me to keep the letters lined up properly. Looking forward to looking at the names closer still ๐Ÿ™‚

Manu
      Participant

This is beautiful Melinda!
      Thank you for Sharing ๐Ÿ™‚

Natasha Severino
      Participant

Looking forward to seeing everyone this morning in lodge

Hello Beautiful Humans,
      I too am looking forward to lodge this morn. I’m reading through Exodus, and this morning I decided to try reading it out loud to my ancestor alter… and it felt so good! I’ve heard of others who read the Bible to their Christian ancestors, but this was my first try. Now I’m curious if others are incorporating their ancestors into their Shem working? If so, is there a part of your process and/or experience that feels good to share?
      Blessings,
      Melinda

Nyssa Grazda
      Participant

Anyone have recommendations for where to purchase the rosy cross diagram Naha mentioned that is NOT amazon? I’ll make my own eventually, but need something to start with. ๐Ÿ™‚

Naha
        Keymaster

Good question! The one I showed in the Lodge I brought back from the Rosicrucian Temple. AMORC might have them? Cassandra might be able to help with this.
        If you want to print it out on your own, there is an image here https://22teachings.com/hqlevel2/

Natasha Severino
      Participant

Reviewing last weeks class and pondering on why Gimel (camel) is not found in any of the 72 names. Contemplating whether this is because the corresponding card in the Tarot is the High Priestess and she already holds the wisdom, knowledge and understanding of the secret Mysteries? Therefore she already holds the keys on how to free one’s self from pain and suffering. Thoughts anyone?

Jenn Salvadori
        Participant

When we were in class my immediate thought (posted in the chat) to the lack of Gimel was that maybe it’s because The High Priestess is the means by which the message is relayed. If I’m not mistaken another Jen mentioned the same thing. So yeah, I think it’s entirely possible that you’re on to something here.

Naha
        Keymaster

I recieced some information about this! The Camel will be a guide!

Naha
      Keymaster

Hi everyone, I’ve just updated the book list – added links for Sixth and Seventh book of Moses, on the Sacred names by Swart (so good!) and a few books on Astrology/decans, and a few other references. I also added links to download an essay from a GD member that breaks down a lot of the practical aspects of the name, as well as the Vaughan translation of the Ambelain work that I have referenced a lot so far. You will probably want to print out just the chapter on this specific working, I listed the page numbers as well.
      https://22teachings.com/2021/11/04/am-lodge-presents-the-shem-working-72-names-of-god/
      Every day it is becoming clearer to me, how very important this work is for us to do as a magical group, and how very needed it is for the focus of light in the world.
      I’d also like to do a Magician’s roundtable sometime soon to talk about this all. And I’d like to get an official list of the participants who are going to be performing the ritual, of course people will still come in and out, but I think that knowing who our core group is will be useful.

Nyssa Grazda
        Participant

Consider me in attendance for the working. There are certain Saturdays where I have a prior commitment, but I’ll still get the downloads for those weeks.

Victoria
        Participant

I’m participating; even when I can’t attend live I’ll be catching up with the video ๐Ÿ’–

rosario
        Participant

Iยดยดm scared at the huge commitment and at the same time, sooo excited!! I feel like preparing before climbing the Hymalayas.
        Im in tooooooo.
        Love you alllllllll

LexiSaldin
        Participant

I would like to be an official part of this working. I’ll be participating mostly through zoom and the rest via in person & recordings.

laurenbradley138
        Participant

I’m so excited to be a part of this. Please expect me ๐Ÿ™‚ In my timezone, this means 72 Saturday nights which is quite the commitment… but can’t think of anything else I’d rather be doing!

Cassie
      Participant

Thank you to our fellow arborist who was so generous to gift us with our last Lodge.
      In LVX, Cassie

jenciraulo
      Participant

I will definitely be participating- I actually just got a ticket to come to LA for the 1/1/22 AM Lodge so I can be there for the first name!
      I like to think we are honoring the hidden Gimel by having such a wonderful magickal group to carry forth this working.
      Looking forward to meeting some of you in person and I hope some of you fellow luminaries can also make the trip <3

Naha
        Keymaster

That’s wonderful! I’d love to see a great turnout for the 1st name, so glad you’ll be there Jen

Jenn Salvadori
      Participant

I’m in. I might not be able to be present every week, but I’ll be there as often as possible. Thank you for curating and leading this working for us to dig into for real. It’s such a special opportunity.

I too would like to be included on the official list of participants. And I too am trilled to explore so deeply and thoroughly and with such a fantastic group of beautiful humans.
      Jen, your trip sounds like so much fun! I hope to join you next time.

Stacy Harris
      Participant

Im a committed 72names/weekender! At least as many as possible live! u shlda seen the mess I made2reach a legible list-its like I was wading thru the red seas kelp fields or sumthinโ€™
      Glad2b back on dry landโ€ฆ

Manu
      Participant

Ill also be a part of this working.
      Cant wait to see Tami this week!

Manu
      Participant

Genesis

I’ve started transcribing some passages of the bible in both ancient greek and hebrew. I wanted to share it with everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Manu.
      • This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Manu.
      • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by Manu.
      • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by Manu.

Manu,
        Iโ€™m so looking forward to seeing your transcriptions! Are you perhaps struggling with posting a photo? If so, I struggled too, I ended up making a personal website where I could upload my photos and then post a link to them here in the forum. If others have found smoother less complex ways to post photos Iโ€™d love to be educated ๐Ÿ™‚
        Blessings!

Manu
          Participant

Thanks melinda! Yes! itโ€™s been a struggle. Iโ€™ll get there ๐Ÿ˜‰

Naha
        Keymaster

I’m so glad you are sharing this here, it is such a blessing Manu

Naha,
      Have you already included Exodus 12:2 in your considerations re: where to start on the zodiacal wheel? Are one of the options associated with the Jewish new year? It jumped out at me today when I was reading my morning section. It seems significant that the textual context of the 72 names declares a beginning to the calendar when we are looking for a specific starting point on the zodiacal calendar. (I’m super cool with this being a rhetorical question and/or saved for our Shem Working Round Table, or whatever feels most appropriate to you.)

Naha
        Keymaster

Yes in fact that exact passage is a weighty argument for starting at the beginning of Aries. What it really comes down to is if we are using the stars, or the seasons. By Aries, or the Month of Nisan as per the proclamation in Exodus 12.2 “This month shall mark for you the beginning of the months; it shall be the first of the months of the year” it makes sense to start here, Exodus occurs in the month of Nisan, and it fits with all of the other stories of rebirth, renewal, regeneration etc which align with the Spring. But the decans specifically are assigned not to the earth, but to the stars, and so it would be technically incorrect to assign Decan 1 to Aries 1, as the system was invented by Egyptians, and they placed Decan 1 at Sothis – Sirius, the Dog Star (not by Regulus – in Leo, as the GD claims by the way) The debate continues!!!

Ahhhh… so glad Exodus 12:2 is being considered. And I see that it is a bigger puzzle. Thank you so much for the intentionality and thoughtfulness with which you lead us ๐Ÿ™‚

Victoria
      Participant

To the anonymous arborist who gifted us the recording of the last lodge: deepest thanks for your kindness and generosity.

blessings ๐Ÿ’œ

gypsysunshyne
      Participant

I’m so deeply grateful to have found this in time to catch up! It’s already taking root in my life. If I could post a pic I’d share the clouds I saw yesterday. I swear they were one of the names! Very unusual dashes, lines and swirls. Thank you for all the sharing! Looking forward to the next livestream.

Naha
        Keymaster

That sounds amazing! Yes to share an image it needs to live online somewhere. I get around this by emailing the image to myself.

Alexandria Cadwell
      Participant

Hi! I’ll definitely be participating in the ritual. ๐Ÿ™‚

Manu
      Participant

Psalm104

This is Psalm 104, incredibly powerful and beautiful.

Oooooooo! Thank you for sharing!! Are you marking out different sections there on the bottom?

Manu
          Participant

Thanks!!!
          I’m using the tree on the bottom to establish a correspondence between the psalm and the sefirot…just by intuition.

Monica D
      Participant

You can count me in on the official list ๐Ÿ™‚

And thanks to the fellow arborist that cover the cost of the past Lodge session.

LexiSaldin
      Participant

I think I’m confusing myself with what we’re supposed to be writing out :/ we’re not simply copying. the 72 names chart, correct? We’re somehow breaking down the letters and reversing part of the order? I’m so sorry, I’m pretty sure we covered this in lecture, but I’m having a hard time remembering exactly what the instructions were. Appreciate any tips, thank you!

Correct Lexi. The ox plow method Naha taught us is threefold. First you write out all the Hebrew letters of verse 19 in a row with no breaks. If you locate my share above, this is my blue line. Then underneath the first row of 72 letters you write out verse 20 in the same format but you start at the end of the verse and line them all up backwards, this is my red line. You know youโ€™ve done it right when the last letter of verse 20 lines up with the first letter of verse 19 & the first letter of verse 20 lines up with the last letter of verse 19. Then, you take the last verse (21) and write it out just like you wrote out verse 19, underneath the first two rows of letters you already have. If you are still referencing my photo, this is my yellow row. So now youโ€™ve got three rows & 72 columns. Read the columns from top to bottom and you are reading the names ๐Ÿ™‚

LexiSaldin
      Participant

Got it ๐Ÿ™‚ THANK YOU SO SO MUCH MELINDA!!!! <3

Stacy Harris
      Participant

Just FYI Lex, it took me approximately 4/5tries 2get it! Sending patience, clarity&persistence! XO

LexiSaldin
      Participant

Oh man, thank you for that, Stacy!! I will definitely need it (the patience, mostly) <3

Alexandria Cadwell
      Participant

I just wanted to share that I felt very emotional after last weekend’s lodge. Even though we haven’t “officially” begun the working yet, I’m somehow already noticing shifts within myself that I feel are being stirred by this undertaking. I’m very new to ceremonial magic and hermetic qabalah, but I do feel a higher power is guiding me through this work–just as Naha discussed. Super excited for all that’s yet to unfold! <3 <3

Naha
        Keymaster

I appreciate this. I was so moved by Tami’s words of wisdom and was sharing with another arborist, how she speaks with depth of understanding and zero ego, this is what makes a great teacher and allows the feelings that I think you experienced to flow deeply. It’s one of the many reasons I love her and William too. Remember you may be new to “this” but you’re not new, it’s lifetimes in the making. This is one of the reasons I’m asking you all also to think about who in your life you might ask to offer a blessing for you upon this work as we proceed.

jenciraulo
      Participant

Hi! I just finished watching the recording from last week’s lodge, and so enjoyed and always appreciate Tami’s wisdom, wit, and perspective.
      I was wondering what was read from the book on the altar? Was it Exodus 14? I feel like this is a captain obvious question or maybe I missed something, but I gotta ask ๐Ÿ™‚

Victoria
        Participant

Yes it was the three lines (verses?) of Exodus. Naha said it at the end but I’m not sure if it was after she stopped recording. I was very moved by it ๐Ÿฅฒ

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by Victoria.
          jenciraulo
          Participant

Thank you so much! ๐Ÿ™‚

LexiSaldin
      Participant

Hey Jen, I totally get what you’re saying and also feel that my q’s are also Captain Obvious, I was watching the live zoom and also don’t fully remember. The reading that you’re referring to – was this when we were in our interior temple meditations and Tami read something beautiful in Hebrew or was it during the discussion portion?

jenciraulo
      Participant

haha thank you Lexi I don’t feel so alone! Yes, the reading during the interior temple meditation.

Manu
      Participant

Exodus

I was captivated by the two pillars…

Naha
        Keymaster

Yes, the pillars I am captivated as well!

Jessica Way
      Participant

Iโ€™ve been thinking a lot about what project to undertake for each of the 72 names. I am a musician, so one idea that came to me in my research was working with the Carnatic ragas. There are 72 ragas, or scales, in classical Carnatic music. They are related to the zodiac and are said to activate 72 nerves in the body. Iโ€™ve also thought about relating the Hebrew letters from the names to tones and all the ways our conventional scales tie to the elements, planets, signs. Thereโ€™s also equal temperament which consists of 72 tones and I am sure other areas in music I have not considered โ€ฆ. Any other musician Arborists exploring these ideas who may be interested in discussing this topic?

Sabarah
      Participant

I’m nervous to commit – I have so much catching up to do and I’m worried I’m not prepared, but I am so excited to do this working with you all ๐Ÿ™‚

jenciraulo
      Participant

Hi all, I am wondering if the deck we are consecrating for the working can be based on the Thoth deck or no, because of the attributions of the letters…I’m guessing not. I got the Tabula Mundi deck after the last tarot roundtable and it’s absolutely stunning, so would like to use it but I’m guessing it would make more sense to use the RWS. Thoughts?
      Also, thank you @melinda; I’ve got my graph paper and markers and am copying your homework today ๐Ÿ˜‰

Naha
        Keymaster

Hi Jen, I think you should use whatever deck you want.
        The only difference in letters in Tabula Mundi is that it switches the Emperor (from Heh to Tzaddi) and the Star (from Tzaddi to Heh)
        There are other changes like the numbering of Strength (Lust) and Justice (Adjustment) but it doesn’t change the letters.
        Since the Tabula Mundi doesn’t have numbers on the Majors, I reorder those two to the RWS order. You might find some interesting insights by using the attributes of the switched letters, or you could use the same deck, but use Emperor with Heh and Tzaddi with the Star.
        Remember, the switching of the letters came from a channeling by Crowley – Book of the Law, the statement “Tzaddi is not the Star”
        I’ve considered it from every angle, I know A.M Penn has some interesting insights, I’ve never felt connected to the Book of the Law. But Thoth deck and Tabula Mundi: LOVE.

Cortney Burns
      Participant

To all that have shared here- thank you! I’m catching up on the forum and can’t wait to share along with you. Looking forward to seeing you all today!

Cortney

Brandy Rachelle
      Participant

Inquiring minds want to know what stone or crystal you chose for this amazing working?

I am using a natural double terminated clear quartz and a lodestone.

Naha
        Keymaster

I have 2 stones, both are in the shape of a small wand, they are like crystal pens. One is a green aventurine and the other is a golden sheen obsidian. I wasn’t sure which one I’ll use so I purified both. I’m leaning towards the obsidian though. My idea is to trace the letters on paper with the crystal “pen”. Maybe I can even use ink with them, I’m not sure. I got some pretty cool “Sekhmet” ritual ink from Phillip S. when he visited the school. It think that might be the ticket.

Brandy Rachelle
          Participant

Ooo! Great idea, I might do that with this double termination wand. Not to sure why I grabbed my lodestone, I had intended to use my Lapis or Emerald.

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.