The Shem Working – Individual and Group Projects

Home Forums Arboretum Mysticum Forum The Shem Working – Individual and Group Projects

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      Naha
      Keymaster

Hi Arborists. This thread will be a place to share whatever you are cooking up as a part of this working. If you are looking for collaborators on a project, you can also reach out here.

Click IMG in the toolbar above to post photos.

Douglas
      Participant

Hi, all. I’m struggling a bit to decide what to create through this working. It would be music, probably, but I don’t currently have the means to record what I’d like. I was planning on doing something with leatherworking, instead. But what? I still don’t know.

I’m just getting started with the medium, and I’ve just been doing small, varied projects to develop technique and see what aspects of the craft most appeal to me. I’m imagining a series of small pieces. Something sustainable. But these could work better as a single, slowly progressing piece. I’d love to hear what others are thinking of doing. Get some inspiration. Throw ideas around.

Naha
        Keymaster

Thank you for kicking off this forum! I know a lot of people are in a similar situation, kind of trying to figure out which direction to go with things. Just off-the-cuff the idea of smaller things seems easier to undertake at the beginning, but then maybe one larger ongoing project develops out of it? It’s something to consider that these are 72 individual names that all together make one larger name. Whichever way it works it’s going to be an epic body of work.

LexiSaldin
      Participant

Greetings! I’m hoping to create some sort of imagery with the 72 names that incorporates the concept of the Shechina/Divine Fem within the pillar of fire and the pillar of cloud. Not completely sure what medium to work in just yet.
      https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/2438527/jewish/The-Shechina.htm
      https://www.christianity.com/wiki/christian-terms/what-is-the-meaning-of-shekinah-glory.html

Cortney Burns
      Participant

Blessings fellow magi! What a powerful day yesterday in the lodge. I’ve been contemplating two projects for the working: one is a tincture. Yesterday I got a message during our time in the interior temple that pine resin was a way to connect with the first name. I have gathered some from the forest and will begin a 72 week tincture adding to it each week in a way that feels right. It will live on my altar- I will make enough so if fellow arborists would like some at the end of the working it will be available. I shall contain all the vibrations we share together.

I will also note each addition to consider the creation of a food scape from it- we’ll see where this goes; it will make itself understood to me when I am ready…for now they are just ingredients to contemplate.

In gratitude- Cortney

Brandy Rachelle
      Participant

Morning fellow arborists! I was suddenly called to make a mala for the 72 Names while in Lodge yesterday. I have never made one before and have no idea what I’m doing (my Pinterest projects usually fail), so wish me luck. If you know how to properly make mala beads, I would love pointers, a good blog post to read, or even to figure out how we could make one together if you’re interested. Thank you ~

Naha
        Keymaster

What a great idea! I was taught how to make malas by Sarah Jane, who is the arborist who painted our tree of life that you see on the stage behind the altar. You can find her on IG @makingmagicwithsarahjane.
        I will say, I don’t think I could have learned without having her there in person, because the process of tightening the knots is a little tricky. But she is the best person I know to properly teach this. Every knot contains the intention. It is powerful work.

Brandy Rachelle
          Participant

Thank you! Also, in doing my research on malas: 108 beads X 2 = 216.

Robin Blanchard
        Participant

Brandy I’m still futzing with photos on here from my phone but I posted instructions for knotted beading on my IG for you and anyone who wants them.
        Knotted beading. The instruction for creating the knots on Page 28 is nice as you can add intention etc into each knot as you draw it through your fingers.
        Source Griffin

Natasha Severino
      Participant

Question, would you consider placing the AA Malchidiel (Aries) in the world of Briah or could/would you place them in Asiyah as They’re a zodiacal correspondence?

I’m working on a train of thought to bring down each correspondence through each of the worlds musically, spelling out each word with the musical notes corresponding to the Hebrew alphabet.

Also, wondering if anyone might be keen to get a musical group together in the future?

Naha
        Keymaster

Good question Natasha. Malchidiel is a zodiacal angel, not an archangel. therefore they would be placed in Yetzirah.
        The Archangel associated with the first name is Metatron.
        Excited to see the musicians of the Lodge come together!

Natasha Severino
          Participant

When calling forth the angelic choir in Yetzirah is there an order of hierarchy that you would call forth the angels? For example
          – Chayot Ha Kadesh
          – Seraphim
          – Malchidiel
          – Sitael

or it doesn’t really matter? I’m attempting to spell out each name musically through the worlds to create a piece of music for each of the names of God and their angelic correspondences. Thanks so much xx

פסקל אנאנס
      Participant

Evening fellow arborists,
      I have not yet chosen what type of collaboration I will be doing …
      in the mean time I will be sharing some drawings that I was indicated to make public.

Greetings to all.

Douglas
      Participant

Wanted to use this thread to go through the IT visions, the final weekly project, and the thought processes between. Before that, is there any reason I’d not want to share the IT visions on this forum with this group? I believe we were pretty free with them in the chat (at least for week 1), but thought I’d check.

Douglas
        Participant

Probably going to anyway as I talk myself through the work.

I had decided to focus on leathercraft for these projects. It’s a new skill for me, and I can use the inspiration to develop new ideas. I thought it was important to have everything mapped out ahead of time, but I was fortunately relieved of that misconception. So, I’m developing the pieces week-to-week, and I’ll see if/when larger themes make themselves apparent. I’m also not limiting myself to leather explicitly, but it seems like a great starting point.

Weeks one and two have been designed. I’ll post those images along with any relevant journal entry snippets. But, for tonight, I finally finished a project that I started in preparation for this work. And a lot of the steps along the way have been reinforced by the Working:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g113dobv69b8466/20220116_202726.jpg?dl=0

The banner, as of tonight, now hangs on our eastern wall. The central Sun piece was the first part that I finished. It’s an energy that I’ve been working on pulling in lately. I figure I’ll have another banner for each season/direction as we continue. But I have a few weeks before I need to contemplate the continuation.

LexiSaldin
          Participant

That’s stunning! Wow.

Robin Blanchard
          Participant

Oh that’s gorgeous. And feels powerful 🙏🏼✨

Douglas
          Participant

Thank you both very much!

This is going to be long, meandering, and largely about the thought processes behind creative decisions, if you find that distinct from anything else we do. Feel free to skip to the second link if you want to see the piece.

I finally got my act together enough to complete my project for week one. The IT vision opened with an inactive clamshell fountain. As the water started up, a great city rose from the red earth behind it. While this returned city was barren, the fountain indicated the possibility (but not assurance) of renewal and life. I drew a little picture:
          https://www.dropbox.com/s/chb9xkwfoniq6ds/20220122_221732.jpg?dl=0

For the week’s project, I decided to roll with the themes of time and renewal. Since the names are so closely aligned with the zodiacal wheel and I wanted a concept I could return to every couple of months, I made a small piece for Aries. I’ve never done much visual art, so I’m interested to see where my tastes/ aesthetic go over the next months.

This is the first anything that I’m making with a new side of leather that I got a couple of weeks ago. My first side was very, very graciously given to me by my local Tandy when I went there to get my starter supplies. That hide was _super_ thick, but it let me learn a lot. I still have some scraps from the first hide–mostly the raw edges, which have a texture and movement that I appreciate. I decided to use those to make markers for the other pieces I make in these 72 weeks. It’s in the picture below. I should have enough for the duration (they’re small).

But, that made me realize that, while I’ve done Work on tools and such, that I hadn’t done any with the leather itself. So, Old Hide got thanked and such, new was given likewise. Seemed like a moral decision. Now I could move on.

Aries. I had the image drawn out, but I wanted to play with color, too. I’m learnerning dyes (and that they’re not paint), so I did a base yellow, a splash of red, and tried a black wash and bordering. Varying success. The Marker(?), I let soak in some orange. That leather is already very dark, so I don’t know how much it shows through.

This is them:
          https://www.dropbox.com/s/l223e3cy94l96y6/20220122_221349.jpg?dl=0

Astrology is something I’m also exploring for the first time, so this seems to be a good (if drawn out) way to ensure that I spend quality time thinking about each sign. I’m a Taurus cusp, so I’m looking forward to revisiting this in a few weeks.

As an aside, I’ve been leaning into that cuspness to bring more fire energy in over the last few months. I was born over a week late, so I think I can swing it sometimes. I was reminded of that when Naha mentioned finding the next thing over.

I’m realizing more and more that this medium works best when there’s some form of construction happening. Stitching, riveting, while those may be attractive and used decoratively, they exist for a purpose, and I think they look best when used for such. That idea will be carried forward, and these zodiacal pieces may be attached to something in the future. It’ll come together.

Week two is in-progress, week three has a concept, and this week has a direction.

Naha
          Keymaster

Interesting that yes the directions is coming in to view! The leather work is looking great I can’t wait to see more from you Douglas

Douglas
          Participant

This week was a crown. Started with the ITV: Bellows blowing into a stove/ furnace, upon which was a crucible. From that, the crown. Vision’s crown was gold with a ruby in the center. Fairly archetypal. No frills. Captured expertly here:
          https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nt2zn664ral8bo/20220213_211350.jpg?dl=0

I knew I wanted to use a stone in the center, and we had some cut for jewelry. I also knew that I wanted to use a couple of antlers that my dad gave me when I was younger.

After some sketches, the construction came together pretty easily. No offset stitch marks this time. The final piece is a bit on the [primal?] side. But I like it, it’s fun.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4rc2glna28buyut/20220210_225156.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9oe32rl1w6vds6/20220210_225232.jpg?dl=0

There are a few touches I want to add, but with the materials I currently have, I’m calling it done. It will stay on my head without falling apart. Done.

In the future, I’ll add some kind of material to the interior for comfort and aestheticss. A better, more secure fastener in the back.

Naha
          Keymaster

to see it manifested from that original sketch is so awesome

As I mentioned in the chat today (January 8th), I’m contemplating creating personal sigils for each of the names as well as the combined names per decan. I’m a bit cautious sharing all of the steps to making the sigil as I want to honour the teacher that passed on the technology. I will say it involves taking the words and turning them into a sigil. I will share the ones I have made so far.

Mary
      Participant

G

Naha
      Keymaster

Is anyone interested in working with stones/crystals with this working? It unexpectedly started coming through. Tbh. I was unsure of what medium I would be working with, I figured it would just unfold, and prob a lot of different ways. I was planning on talking about Aaron’s breastplate somewhere along the way, and the 12 set stones that connect to the 12 tribes. I always thought this was interesting, especially as its a crystal grid.
      The tools I purified/consecrated were Urim and Thummin stones for the Lodge. another forthcoming teaching. I feel it is very subrosa but also safe to share that information here.

Brandy Rachelle
        Participant

I am, specially because of the breastplate.

Robin Blanchard
        Participant

Naha I’m very interested in the stones. Especially the breastplate correspondences. I started working with them during the 22 paths workings. I’m sketching out the sigils and will be embroidering them. I think I may add stone beads possibly as well. This is so huge. The possibilities …..

Stacy Harris
      Participant

So, after being instructed to think out of the box&see the letters/name differently, I saw dancing, swirling, pulsing names/letters& images n my body changing size, color, brightness, direction&placement etc., while in the interior temple-Im pretty sure I’ve been charged with creating a set of 72names oracle cards. Hooray/yikes&holy wow cool!

Robin Blanchard
        Participant

Very cool! I’m having a lot of fun visualizing the letters moving about as Naha suggested last week.

Jenn Salvadori
      Participant

This is a little zentangle I put together for the first name. Rough around the edges for sure, but I’ve got 72 weeks to see where it goes. 🙂

`IMG-6464

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Naha.
      • This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Jenn Salvadori.
      Robin Blanchard
      Participant

I’m drawing the sigils and the rose cross itself repeatedly preparing to embroider each sigil. Based on discussions of the colors I think I will incorporate applicable threads from the cloths I prepared for the 22 paths. Im still gestating how the colors will be used in the sigils. Always thinking of incorporating applicable stone etc beads. For the first three I’m sketching. I think I will begin stitching next week. I’m also making more cloth sets to coincide with the sephiroth and maybe the astrological correspondences. That’s been brewing for about a year …..

Naha
        Keymaster

excited about your color ideas~

Juli
        Participant

Robin, I’m also considering embroidery or fiber work. Still thinking about how it could be put out into the world, maybe embroidering into natural cloths, leaves, etc., and leaving them to be carried away or picked up.

Further meditation is needed, as always.

Robin Blanchard
          Participant

Oooo! Juli I love this! Magnolia leaves are especially good for stitches. I wonder if stems or needles could be thread…..

Juli
          Participant

Sturdy pine needles, for sure. That made me think of drawing the sigils or letters on seeds or nut shells to plant & feed to birds or critters.

Robin Blanchard
          Participant

Mind blown juli….

Cortney Burns
      Participant

Just reporting on the Shemhamphorash elixir.

The first two names are infusing on my altar.

Vav Heh Vav= pine resin
      Yod Lamed Yod= Dried sumac cones

Well see what comes through for Samekh Yod Tet

Blessings.

Cortney Burns
        Participant

I was guided to infuse a very old piece of pyrite that has been on my altar for quite some time for Samekh – Yod – Tet… so in it went!

Pine resin-sumac-pyrite

Robin Blanchard
        Participant

This is so magical! I didn’t use them yet but I was called in to bring a new pine cone home and pulled out sumac powder last week. 🙌✨🙏🏼

Cortney Burns
          Participant

Robin- I love this, now for some honeycomb!

LexiSaldin
      Participant

Share from today’s name ע ל ם

I didn’t realize going into today’s working that this name would have a special significance to my magical name, my oldest/deepest wounds and to the Prehnite bracelet I was wearing, which is what I wear when I have no clue what I’m doing, but just really need healing, which is a lot ツ

In the interior temple a clairaudient message came through – it was a response to the pleas of the psalm, and it said:

Wanderer, you are loved and held
      Weary one, you are loved and held
      Outsider, you are loved and held
      Scapegoat no more, lift your eyes
      Your soul has been restored
      And your desires purified.

🜄 ♡ 👁️

Jenn Salvadori
        Participant

Lexi, this is so moving. Took my breath away. Thank you for sharing.

Robin Blanchard
      Participant

I had a lot of associations today – my cave temple now above ground and the bats. It makes a lot of sense and I’ve written pages – A mayan tree of life has bats both in legend and in the real tree roots then I turn on the tv not knowing Batman was on. And an episode with Catwoman to boot. I’m working on the threads still but felt I needed to ” sketch” my associations with the working today. Also found my purple bat patch from a while ago. Photos are here https://www.instagram.com/maeria31/p/CZDoK8zLpOG/?utm_medium=copy_link LVX

Cortney Burns
      Participant

I wanted to share what came through for me with the new name for this week- while in the interior temple I saw a swarm of bees, and then I was gifted the vision of honeycomb. As we stood with our hands in the sign of water the drips coming from the words transformed into flowing golden honey.

The elixir so far is: Pine resin-Sumac-Pyrite-Honeycomb.

LVX- Kai Aura

LexiSaldin
        Participant

This is so beautiful Cortney <3 The vision you described feels like the phrase, The Land of Milk and Honey, the vision that helped sustain the people while they were in exile. That this happened while you were standing in the sign of water kind of makes my mind go back to the Divine Fem/Goddess, also associated with bees.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by LexiSaldin. Reason: (wasn't wearing my glasses at first - saw typos)
          Cortney Burns
          Participant

Thank you Lexi…I’m loving this creative process…

Cortney Burns
        Participant

Adding to the elixir:
        MHSH- burnt pomegranate skins
        LHL- 6 rose petals
        ACA- Black cumin (nigella) seeds

Naha
      Keymaster

I wanted to share a bit how the stones for each name are coming to me and an interesting thing that happened today.
      I didn’t expect to receive stones for each name but during the week after the first name the message just came through loud and clear (Pyrite). The second week it also came through (Lapis Lazuli), but ended like another (Epidote). The third name, came to me pretty quickly after the Lodge (Chrysophrase). The fourth didn’t come til the end of the week (Lepidolite).
      Then today, I got a stone for the name almost immediately after starting the Lodge. Peridot. Loud and clear. Like right as soon as we started the gematria. I thought “hey thats my birthstone” which I thought was interesting since I already had a connection with this name. Then just now I was looking back at the chat and saw Cortney’s comment that the gematria was also “lioness”. I hadn’t seen that and realized that that might be in Sefer Sephirot which I haven’t really been looking at. Sure enough, Yes LIONESS I think with a note that its from Kabbalah Denudata? (Zohar) so anyway good connections, thanks Cortney, and also interesting because we moved this name back from Leo to Aries. Leo still shows up and still, it all feels right.

Alex Lara
      Participant

Hello, everyone! The past weeks as we work with the Shem, my method of choice was through creating pieces with oil pastels and colored pencils.

I started off with the piece for the 1st Name being a bit abstract and as we progressed to the 2nd-3rd Names; I was drawn to creating pieces with “structured illustrations” in nature.

As we reached the 4th Name, initially I was planning to do the same structured piece but as I sat down to work on it, the artwork turned into something abstract–similar to the 1st name’s artwork. I feel the progression of the styles was interesting.

View post on imgur.com

I was wondering if anyone had the same experience?

Naha
        Keymaster

they’re all so different wow yes. these are impactful. Oh my gosh we should have a gallery show at the school….

Naha
      Keymaster

You’re welcome to continue posting here for workings with the first 6 names. After the 6th name. please post in the next newly opened topic.

Brandy Rachelle
      Participant

Did I miss another platform being decided upon or has the group just been quiet for the last month?

Brandy Rachelle
      Participant

So I wasn’t really feeling too inspired to create something at the beginning of the work and then I set my sights on creating a mala for the 72 names (which I still intend to do), but I was hit with inspiration in the midst of the roundtable last night. I have been using the same incense each week that I purchased through the school and have not been emptying the ashes. I intended to have the ashes made into a necklace similar to the memorial necklaces people wear, which I may still do, but then I got struck with a new idea last night. I am going to create a tarot deck specifically for the Shem working using the ashes and the same method we used on the tattva cards. I need to figure out the logistics since there are 78 cards and only 72 names, and two names share a minor card, but that is what came through last night. I imagine I will include the Name, Sigil, Psalm, and I’m not sure what else, perhaps the planetary, zodiacal, minor card, and Elder attributes. Something to think about.

PS. Just noticed that I am the 22nd reply, woot-woot.

פסקל אנאנס
      Participant
      Naha
      Keymaster

These are amazing! Thank you for sharing.
      Still trying to figure out why people cannot post photos, it might be that your first post requires approval, I will work on this more so we can get everyone sharing easier

פסקל אנאנס
      Participant

I tried different methods and none of them work 🙁

Maybe it is an authorization issue or something like that …

I was even having issues posting the link.

Naha
      Keymaster

For photos I’ve been uploading to IMGUR then copying the “direct link”, clicking IMG above and pasting the link

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Naha.
      Naha
      Keymaster

Intimate meditations are beautiful

Mary
      Participant

Looks like the image link still isn’t working for me… The Imgur permalink is what usually works, right?

Mary
      Participant

Image?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Mary.
Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.